In order to provide our participants with a more well-rounded fitness program, we are making some adjustments to our schedule for optimum cross training benefits. Our new schedule will begin Monday, August 2nd.
For improved balance and efficiency, the following classes will switch places:
(Note that the last item has a time change.)
|Tuesday 6:30 pm Pilates||Thursday 6:30 pm|
|Thursday 9:00 am Pilates||Friday 9:00 am|
|Friday 9:00 am Kickboxing||Thursday 9:00 am|
|Thursday 6:30 pm Functional Fitness||Tuesday 6:00 pm|
ADOLESCENT WORKOUT ADJUSTMENTS
- Due to instructor availability, Fitness Games will return on September 7th and will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- Teen Strength & Conditioning sessions will remain the same, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30 PM to 5:15 PM.
- Monday’s and Wednesday’s 9:00 am Cycling – Get in and get it done! Becca’s 9:00 AM Cycling will move up to begin at 8:30 AM.
- Functional Fitness – As stated above, Tuesday’s 6:30 Functional Fitness will move to 6:00 PM.
- SH’BAM – Calling all moms! Friday’s noon class is moving to 11:00 AM when child care is available.
- Morning BODYPUMP – In addition to Wednesday’s 10:00 AM BODYPUMP, we are excited to provide you another opportunity to work your body to the max with Barbara on Monday mornings at 9:00 AM.
- Step and Step Express – Want more chances to step up your cardio? Join us on Mondays at 8:20 AM for Step Express. This 30 minute class will include beginner to intermediate routines.
- Tuesday’s 8:00 AM Step will be a bit more challenging as we work at an intermediate to advanced level for those who enjoy more intricacy and desire a longer cardio session. If you are new to Step, be sure to attend Step Express which will quickly prepare you to perform more advanced skills. Note that, within the first few weeks, we will work at an intermediate level and work towards a more advanced level, so don’t shy away. You won’t be left behind.
- Forever Fit – We can already visualize you jumping up and down as you learn that we are adding a second class for you on Fridays at noon!
- QUEENAX 45 – Two is better than one! Queenax 45 was introduced at the beginning of July on Fridays at noon, however, we will be adding a second class to our schedule. For the hardcore, fitness enthusiasts, this is a fast-paced HIIT session that combines self-powered cardio intervals with innovative functional movements. Join Edison on Mondays and Fridays in the Functional Training Studio. Come once and you’ll be hooked!
CANCELATION & REPLACEMENT
Regretfully, Tuesday’s 5:30 PM HIIT and 6:30 PM Cycling will be eliminated from our schedule.
On an encouraging note, we are moving Tuesday’s 6:30 PM Functional Fitness up to 6:00 PM in order to accommodate both our 5:30 PM and 6:30 PM participants.
Becca will be resuming her classes at Clemson University and will no longer be available at those times. We are grateful to Becca for leading HIIT and Cycling when a need arose!
Katie Blackwood will be leaving us at the end of July in pursuit of her master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston. Her goal is to work with geriatric, stroke patients and with those who experience swallowing deficits.
We thank Katie for her time at the Y as an excellent Barre instructor! Katie, we wish you success and will miss you greatly!