Lifeguarding Certification Courses
May 5-7, 2023
Meeting Times May Course:
- Friday: 5:30 pm-8:30 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am-6:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 pm-6:00 pm
June 2-4, 2023
Meeting Times June Course:
- Friday: 5:00 pm-8:30 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 pm-4:30 pm
There will be breaks throughout the sessions.
Additional Course Information
This course is for people ages 15 and up, looking to certified as a lifeguard for their first time. Please note: 7 hours of online training is required before attending the in-class session. Instructions and a link will be sent out 7-10 days before the start of the course.
Upon the successful completion of the Lifeguarding course, each participant will receive an American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First-Aid/CPR/AED with Bloodborne Pathogens Training, which is valid for 2 years.
1. Candidates must be 15 years of age by the end of the lifeguard course. A government-issued ID is required to provide proof of age.
2. Must be able to perform the following skills at the pre-course session:
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed.
Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7
to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
1. Attendance to all classes is mandatory. If participant cannot make all class times, the participant does not pass the course. There are no exceptions and no refunds. Please double check dates and times prior to registration.
2. Active participation in all class sessions.
3. Demonstrate competency in all required skills.
4. Must demonstrate the necessary maturity and professionalism required of a lifeguard.
5. Demonstrate competency in all final scenarios.
6. Correctly answer at least 80 percent of the questions in each of the two sections of the final written exam.
What to bring to class:
- Suitable swim suit, towel, change of clothes