Looking for a fun way to celebrate your child’s next birthday? Host a unique and affordable birthday party at the Foothills Area YMCA.
Birthday parties at the YMCA last two hours and can accommodate up to 15 children. Parties include preparations prior to and cleanup following them, as well as supervision throughout by a YMCA Party Host.
All parties include the following (2-hour limit):
- A party host to lead activities
- Reserved use of a party room (the Zone)
- Access to party room for preparation 30 min prior to guest arrival
- Set-up of tables and chairs for up to 15 children
- A birthday shirt for the guest of honor
- Balloons and table covers
- Trash receptacle for clean up
- An electronic copy of a birthday party invitation you may use
- Food, beverages, and tableware
- Adult supervision (see rules & regulations)
- Y-members: $175.00
- Non-members: $225.00
To receive Y member pricing, the guest of honor must have an active Foothills Area YMCA membership.
Days and Times:
- Saturdays between 12:30-4:30 pm
- Sundays between 1:30-4:30 pm
Birthday Party Locations:
Indoor Pool Party: Splash around with friends in our heated indoor pool. Indoor space available for cake and presents following swimming!
Outdoor Pool Party: Splash around with friends at the Walhalla City Pool! Walhalla City Pool is open during the Summer months. For exact dates, view this link.
Childwatch Party: Come play in our childwatch room! We have an indoor play structure designed for children ranging from 1-3. Attached to this room is a small outdoor playground. The room also has many exciting games and toys! Play structure and playground is pictured below.
Playground Party: Come enjoy our outdoor playground featuring multiple slides and play obstacles! The outdoor playground is surrounded by multiple benches and picnic tables and is connected to a large field for running and games!
Rules and Regulations:
- Party should be booked a minimum of 4 weeks in advance. Be sure to allow for enough time to send out invitations and receive RSVPs.
- Activity shall be restricted to the area for which permission is granted for your package.
- Activity shall not extend beyond hours approved (2 hours maximum – not including 30 minutes of set up before).
- Room shall be left as found – party attendant will help with set up and clean up.
- YMCA requires you to provide adult supervision for children. For every 3 children, ages 5 and under, you must provide 1 adult. For every 5 children, ages 6 and older, you must provide 1 adult.
- For pool parties, all children must take the swim test or wear a lifejacket if they do not wish to take the swim test or fail the swim test. Swimmers who cannot pass a swim test must have a parent or guardian in the water within arms reach. Inflatable pool toys/flotation devices are not permitted.
- The maximum number of children for a party is 15 (including the guest of honor).
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the pool area.
- All guests are required to bring/wear proper swim attire.
- The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- No drugs or drinking of alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- It’s a party – have fun!
The guest of honor and parents may arrive up to 30 minutes early to begin the check-in procedure, sign waivers and set-up the party room with additional decorations. Guests will be welcomed by the Party Host beginning five minutes before the party time.
We provide tablecloths and balloons. You may provide any additional decorations. Please bring the appropriate tapes if you plan to attach decorations to the wall or areas of the room.
Yes! You are welcome to bring pre-made food and drinks. We have refrigerator and freezer space should you need it. We will not provide any food, drinks, or paper products. Alcohol is not permitted.
YMCA birthday parties typically include 60 minutes of activity and 60 minutes in the party room for gifts, food and dessert. If you would like to propose a different schedule for your party, please contact the Party Coordinator at your branch.
You may book your birthday party online, in person at the Welcome Center or by contacting the Party Coordinator at your branch.
YMCA birthday parties include up to 15 kids, including the guest of honor. Parents and siblings under age 1 are not included in the guest count. All adults must bring their YMCA membership card or photo identification if they are not members.
Parents or guardians of children attending the party are not required to stay. The YMCA party host may assist the party family in supervising guests. Additional adults may be needed to meet supervision requirements (listed under rules and regulations).
The Party Host will walk you and your party guests to the pool area where Y lifeguards will be present. Guests will be required to adhere to all rules and guidelines of the pool area. Swimmers who cannot pass a swim test must have a parent or guardian in the water within arms reach. We ask parents to actively watch their children while they are swimming.
Please contact Sarah Tate who can be reached at [email protected] or 854-571-9622 extension 106.
Full payment is due at time of booking the party. Event cancellations must be received a minimum of fourteen days before the start of the party to receive a full refund. If the cancellation is less than fourteen days, 50% is refunded. If you cancel less than seven days from the party date, no refund will be given.
A $25 rescheduling fee will apply if the party is rescheduled with less than 14 days notice. If cancellation is due to weather or a Y scheduling issue, the Y will reschedule at no charge or give a full refund.
All parents/guardians must fill out a waiver form for their child(ren) prior to participating in the birthday party.
To receive Member pricing, the guest of honor must be part of a FAYMCA Family Membership from the date of booking until the date of the event. If membership is canceled during that time, the Non-member rate will apply which must be paid at the time of membership cancellation.