Build a skill. Save a life.
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding (valid for two years)
- American Safety and Health Institute CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (valid for one year)
- American Safety and Health Institute Basic First Aid (valid for two years)
Lifeguard Pre-Course Water Skills. You must pass the water skills test to continue in the course.
Water Skills Include:
1.Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only
- Candidates should place their hands under arm pits
2. Swim 300 yards continuously without stopping
- Candidates may swim using front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both with but swimming on the back or side is not allowed.
- Must demonstrate breathing control and rhythmic breathing
- Swimming goggles may be used
3. Complete a timed event within 1 minute 40 seconds
- Starting in the water swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim googles are not allowed. Surface dive, feet or head first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10 pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water. Exit the water without using a ladder
To receive Lifeguard Certification a participant must:
- Must be 15 years old on or before the end of the last day of class
- Attend 100% of all class sessions in the classroom and all online requirements
- Arrive on time for all class sessions
- Participate and pass all written and skills test
Class times are
What to bring
- Suitable swimsuit, towel, and change of clothes
- Lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Pen and paper to take notes
- We will break for lunch Saturday & Sunday for 45 minutes
After completing registration, you will receive an email within the next few days from your instructor that will explain class expectations. Please know this is a blended course and 7 hours will be required online. The link with all instructions will be sent out 7 days prior to in class training.
Any questions concerning the course please contact Mandy Webb the Aquatics Director. Email: [email protected]
CPR PRO Staff Only