Summer Day Camp: Camp Oconee
A PLACE TO LEARN, UNPLUG AND GROW
We believe in each child and their individual growth. It is our mission to focus on three areas of development: friendship, accomplishment and belonging. It is important to us that all campers have the chance to experience our core values: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- The Foothills Area YMCA is offering camp at two locations, one in Seneca, SC (South Cove) and one in Walhalla, SC (Walhalla Senior Center [old Walhalla Middle School]).
- Any child between the ages of 4 years old and 12 years old can register.
- Our summer sessions will begin the week of June 5th and our last session will be the week of July 24th with the last day being July 28th.
- Daily drop off starts at 7:30 am and ends at 9:00 am and daily pick up starts at 4:00 pm and all campers must be picked up by 5:30 pm.
- Activities this summer include: themed arts and crafts, small group games, skits, outdoor field games, swim times, in-house community service projects, small field trips (in house and out), and more. Every week a newsletter will be sent out that gives an idea of what will be happening each day of camp.
- Breakfast and Lunch will be served (provided by the School District of Oconee County).
- SDOC will NOT provide breakfast/lunch the weeks of July 3-7 and July 24-28. Participants attending during those weeks will need to bring a breakfast (if not eating at home) and a lunch.
- We will NOT have Summer Camp on the July 4th holiday, but will have camp every other day that week.
- T-Shirts are not guaranteed if your child is registered after May 5, 2023.
2023 Camp Oconee Theme Weeks:
- Week 1 (June 5-9): Out of This World
- Week 2 (June 12-16): The Great Outdoors
- Week 3 (June 19-23): Mad Science
- Week 4 (June 26-30): Rumble in the Jungle
- Week 5 (July 3-7): Olympics Week
- Week 6 (July 10-14): Wild West
- Week 7 (July 17-21): Once Upon a Time
- Week 8 (July 24-28): Game Show Week
One-time non-refundable registration fee of $25.
- Weekly rate for Members of our YMCA – $130 (a $25 deposit for each week is due at registration. This counts towards your total cost for each week)
- Weekly rate for Non-Members of our YMCA – $150 (a $25 deposit for each week is due at registration. This counts towards your total cost for each week)
Weekly deposits are non-refundable and cannot be moved to another week’s tuition payment.
Our summer camps offer unforgettable experiences for your child. From arts and crafts, to swimming, to sports, there is something fun for all. Your child will have a memorable summer and make lifelong friendships.
We can’t wait for an amazing summer!
South Cove address: 1099 S Cove Rd, Seneca, SC 29672
Old Walhalla Middle School: 177 Razorback Lane, Walhalla, SC 29691
For any information regarding camp please email [email protected]
If you are registering a child who has a disability or medical needs, please make sure to call or email the Childcare Director to set up a meeting prior to their first day of the program. The purpose of this meeting is to obtain detailed information about the child’s condition and the best way to meet the child’s needs, while including them in program activities.
*Financial Assistance is available for those in need.