- HIIT: Mondays at 9:00 AM– One of our newest instructors, Piper Smith, has proven to give Group Ex participants a run for their money! Her Friday morning class has been very popular among our members so it was a no-brainer to provide you with another day to workout with Piper. Held in the Functional Studio, this HIIT class is mostly designed to raise your heart rate and work up a sweat! This is a great option for those who are unable to sign up for our 9:00 AM BODYPUMP in the Group Ex Studio. Piper will not disappoint!
- Cycle: Mondays at 5:30 pm beginning June 6 – Evening cyclers, you will be happy to know that, in addition to Laura Henry’s Wednesday 5:30 PM class, we are adding another session on Mondays at 5:30 PM with instructor Kellie Williams. You won’t be sorry you came!
Be sure to check out our Group EX Schedule for cycling classes that will suit you best.
Several evening classes were added to our schedule within the past few months in order to provide more opportunities for group exercise participants and members who typically stick to the same routine. Adding variety is likely to help keep you motivated.
Taking group exercise classes is a great way to cross train. Benefits include: lose weight more quickly, reach a higher level of fitness, improve flexibility and reduce risk for injury.
- Functional Fitness: Tuesdays at 5:45 PM – This workout will provide you with opportunities to utilize equipment that is unique to our Queenax frame located in the Functional Studio. Expect to use TRX, punching bags, mini trampoline for rebound exercises, resistance bands, battle rope, and other tools that are, or can be, attached to the Queenax. Other equipment is used in order to enhance your experience, such as kettlebells, rowing machines, treadmills, Bosu balls, TRX Rip Trainer, and more. A trained instructor will teach you how equipment can be used in numerous ways and to perform all exercises correctly. A typical workout consists of various stations. Some are for building muscles and increasing strength while others hone in on cardio conditioning. Your instructor will encourage you to work at your maximum capacity, however, lower impact versions of each exercise will be given. Beginners have no fear. We’ve got your back!
- Yoga Blend: Tuesdays at 6:30 PM – Wow! What a popular class this has become! Many are taking advantage of this late evening session in order to experience the many benefits that yoga provides including how yoga sets you up to experience a restful night’s sleep. You are sure to enjoy your time with Kate!
- Pilates: Thursdays at 6:30 PM – Pilates is famously known for its emphasis on core strength in order to improve posture through stretching and toning muscles that support the entire skeletal system. Try one class and you’ll be hooked! Bring your yoga mat and join us for this total body workout with Pam.
May 5th, Leah’s Thursday 5:30 PM HIIT has changed to a new format. Cardio Sculpt & Muscle Up is the only class of its kind on our schedule! Leah is a fantastic instructor who knows how to add variety in order to keep you motivated and eager to attend week after week. Heavier barbells and dumbbells are used for traditional strength training and lighter hand weights are held during cardio intervals in order to keep muscles engaged throughout the class. Some members have described it as a real challenge! Adding light weights during the cardio portion raises it to the next level! Cardio Sculpt & Muscle Up is also great for beginners so don’t shy away. Leah knows how to offer alternative exercises in order for you to experience success and enjoyment.
Dumbbells & Drumsticks – Many participants are enjoying the cardio, drumstick portion of our class and have suggested that we increase the amount of time in order to perform more drumstick routines. In order to do so, Dumbbells & Drumsticks will become a one hour class. We will begin with upper body strength training at 4:15 and transition into the drumstick workout at 4:35. Sign up and join us whenever you arrive! Begins Thursday, June 6th, 4:15 PM
Please remember to go online and make your reservation for each class so that we have an accurate representation of participation. If needed, stop by the front desk and ask to have your name added to the roster.